Planning and warehouse technician wanted for international company in Copenhagen, Denmark
We are looking for an experienced warehouse technician for Talgo, who will be responsible for the overall responsibility for warehouse management and stocking of materials and spare parts for the new Talgo railcars.
As the position is newly created, you will have a great influence on the design of the job, where you will be a central person who must drive changes and processes within the warehouse and logistics area.
You will be responsible for stock management of the technical and mechanical components and parts that must be used for maintenance and repairs of the train carriages, but also daily consumables for both the workshop and production. As Warehouse Manager, you will have overall responsibility for structure and workflows in the technical department. You will be responsible on a daily basis for receiving, stocking goods, as well as ordering and re-ordering goods. You will work closely with the team of technicians, electricians, mechanics and engineers.
Part of the Talgo team in Denmark
You will be part of a team in a worldwide company Talgo. You will work together with Danish and foreign technicians, electricians and mechanics and other engineers who are at the workshop in Copenhagen. And have a lot of sparring and coordination with the workshop and suppliers in Germany and the head office in Madrid.
In the start-up phase, you will go to Madrid and be taught everything about the new train carriages and the technology. The learning process will last approximately 3 months.
The workplace will be in Copenhagen for the first year. But will move to Naestved, south of Copenhagen around the beginning of 2025. The job is for permanent employment under good salary conditions and Danish labor regulations.
Talgo, an international Spanish company, which works in several different countries with the production and maintenance of trains. You can read more about Talgo
Read about the new wagons here: Talgo | DSB’s new train fleed
We are looking for a new colleague with a few years’ experience from a key role in a warehouse and logistics function. You are structured, have a flair for order and preferably have experience with purchasing and warehouse systems such as SAP. We would like you to take the initiative to structure, improve and simplify processes.
We have good cooperation across departments and locations. As a person, you must therefore be open and collaborative, and have the ability to communicate across the organization. A craft/technical background is desired and considered to be an advantage. It is important that you can see yourself taking on an extroverted leadership role – both towards your own employees, but also towards the warehouse’s users in the form of e.g. technicians and project managers. In addition, you must be able to see the possibilities and be curious, so that together we can optimize where it makes sense.
Education and Requirements:
• A technical background / Industrial college
• Experience and some knowledge within the specialty mechanics, electricity/electronics, welding, etc.
• Experience in warehouse and logistics
• English level: B2.
• Experience with SAP.
• collect data from internal and external sources to forecast future demand and orders
• Knowledge and maintenance of the demand on the MRP system (material requirements planning).
• Optimization of the supply chain, systems and methods to be able to anticipate future needs.
• Manage and close work orders for the workshop
• Log systems and management of the paper copies of the maintenance and change documents, scan and upload them to the company’s database.
• Prepare reports and documentation required by management, customers, suppliers and sub-suppliers.
• Know and adhere to the quality, environmental and safety standards and policies included in Talgo’s management system.
• Analyze material requirements for maintenance of the train sets
• Stock optimization
• Inventory management: Manage deliveries of materials with suppliers in order to satisfy the needs of the maintenance activities.
• Send delivery orders to suppliers specifying quantities and delivery dates for materials.
• Monitor compliance with on-time delivery of materials.
• Oversee decentralization of materials to be repaired by suppliers.
• Request transfer of materials to other workshops if necessary.
• Negotiate action plans with suppliers when the date confirmed by them does not meet the needs of the production line.
Be part of a team in a development-oriented and innovative company with competent international colleagues. You will be given the opportunity and responsibility to continue the systematization and structuring of our warehouse. In addition, we offer varied and exciting tasks where you will have a big influence on the planning.
The position is open for applicants, preferably with employment in October/November 2023.
Permanent job, full-time position. The salary is according to agreement and qualifications. Good salary conditions under Danish labor regulations.
Send your application to Jeanett Skou firstname.lastname@example.org (Please write in the subject field “Warehouse Technician”)
If you have any questions, please call +4592444539.
We look forward to your application.